Welcome back to EBYR All Over, a Friday roundup of all the EBYR-related news, reviews, interviews, and other interesting online content we can gather in a given week.
News from Eerdmans & Elsewhere
The Amazing Age of John Roy Lynch has been named to the Texas Bluebonnet Award 2016-17 Master List! This is a high honor: the Bluebonnet reading program is considered one of the most prestigious children’s literature awards in the nation, and it honors the choices of young readers themselves. Over one hundred thousand children in grades 3-6 will vote on their favorite book from this list. This nominees were officially revealed by young Texans at the Texas Book Festival. Here is The Amazing Age with its representative:
— TX Bluebonnet Award (@TBABooks) October 17, 2015
Little Big by Jonathan Bentley was reviewed by Waking Brain Cells. The review says the book has “a lot of playful appeal” and is a”delightful book that shows littler ones that they have advantages too.”
- Animal Beauty was reviewed on the Rhapsody in Books blog. This “very funny book” has a good lesson for children about body image, and also “plenty to make them laugh.”
- Animal Beauty is also being featured on the Children’s Book Council’s “Hot off the Press” collection this month.
- Anastasia Suen reviewed Just Like I Wanted on her blog in haiku form:
Not again, naughty
line! I will make you into
something else instead.
- I Am a Bear by Jean-François Dumont was reviewed by the Literary Features Syndicate. “This is a book,” says the review, “that grows with children as their world becomes larger and they begin to notice people and things around them.”
- I’m Right Here was reviewed by Booklist (paywall).
Have we missed any news, reviews, or other online miscellany dealing with EBYR books or authors from the last week? Please let us know in the comments. You can also post items on our Facebook page, mention us on Twitter (@ebyrbooks), or write to us directly: email@example.com.