EBYR All Over: January 16, 2015
Welcome to our first ever dedicated edition of EBYR All Over, a Friday roundup of all the EBYR-related news, reviews, interviews, and other interesting online content we can gather in a given week.
Three Eerdmans titles made Spirituality and Practice’s list of “The 10 Best Spiritual Children’s Books of 2014.” Honors went to Jean-Francois Dumont’s The Geese March in Step in the Community category; to J. Bradley Wigger and Jago’s Thank You, God in the Gratitude category; and to Stian Hole’s Anna’s Heaven in the Heaven category.
- Ten Eerdmans books were included in a Publishers Weekly ShelfTalker year-end roundup of starred reviews — most notably, The Right Word (Jen Bryant, illus. Melissa Sweet), which was one of only fifteen books to earn five starred reviews in 2014.
- The Right Word was also . . .
- named a 2014 Nonfiction Picture Book Nerdy Award Winner by Nerdy Book Club.
- featured in Julie Danielson’s look back at “Seven Reasons Why 2014 Was a Great Year for Picture Books” on Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast.
- included in Minh Lee’s BookRiot retrospective “One More Look: Favorite Picture Book Art of 2014.”
Sam Juliano explained why he calls Katy Beebe and S. D. Schindler’s Brother Hugo and the Bear “one of my own supreme favorite picture books of the entire year” in his Wonders in the Dark post “Caldecott Medal Contender: Brother Hugo and the Bear.”
- Daniel Nesquens’s Mr. H (illus. Luciano Lozano) is currently featured on the Children’s Book Council’s Hot of the Press page.
Have we missed any news, reviews, or other online miscellany dealing with EBYR books or authors from the last week? Please let us know in the comments. You also can post items on our Facebook page, mention us on Twitter (@ebyrbooks), or write to us directly: email@example.com.