The Right Word Won Big — and You Can Too!
We don’t know about you, but here at EBYR, we’re all still glowing after the Youth Media Awards presentation yesterday at the ALA Midwinter Meeting in Chicago.
Eerdmans books took home not one but three major awards: the Batchelder Award went to Mikis and the Donkey, and both the Sibert Medal and a Caldecott Honor went to The Right Word: Roget and His Thesaurus.
To share our delight (or, in the spirit of Roget: our rapture, our joy, our ecstasy, and our felicity), we’re giving away a fantastic prize package this week on Eerdlings.
Enter our Caldecott Honor Prize Pack giveaway between now and midnight Thursday for your chance to be one of two lucky readers who will each receive the following goodies:
- A limited edition Melissa Sweet poster, featuring hand-lettered word lists featured on the endpapers for The Right Word.*
- A copy of The Right Word: Roget and His Thesaurus.
- A copy of A River of Words: The Story of Williams Carlos Williams (Jen Bryant and Melissa Sweet’s previous Caldecott Honor-winning collaboration).
- A stack of bookmarks featuring cover art from The Right Word.**
To enter, click through to our Rafflecopter giveaway page. You’ll have the option of logging in with Facebook or email; you can then choose from several possible methods of entry. You may use multiple entry methods to increase your odds of winning, and Twitter users may earn additional entries by tweeting about the giveaway each day between now and January 15.
You must be 18 years or older and a legal resident of the United States to enter.
The entry period for the giveaway begins at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, February 3, 2015, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Thursday, February 5. Three winners will be selected at random and notified by email by 5:00 p.m Friday, February 6.
* When we say, “limited edition” we mean, “We thought we were completely out of these gorgeous things, but oh, look, here are two more we found under someone’s desk! It’s almost a shame to give them away, but since everyone wants one and we only have two, it is the only fair and right thing to do with them.”
** Yes, these are technically always free — you could order a stack now, if you want — but since we expect they’ll be flying out the door this week, including them in the prize package guarantees that our giveaway winners will have some set aside for them.