Welcome back to EBYR All Over, a Friday roundup of all the EBYR-related news, reviews, interviews, and other interesting online content we can gather in a given week.
Roger is Reading a Book
By Koen Van Biesen
Just for Today
By Saint John XXIII, illustrated by Bimba Landmann
News from Eerdmans & Elsewhere
- Travis Jonker of the 100 Scope Notes blog published a great “2015 Preview Interview” with EBYR president Anita Eerdmans this week. Anita and Travis talked about new books on both our Fall and Spring lists this year — including one with a Roger Sutton lookalike — and Travis even gave Eerdlings a shout-out! If you want a run-down of what’s new and what’s coming from EBYR, this interview is a great resource.
- New book trailer alert! Should you watch this inspiring preview about a great big orange thing and its quest to overcome the naysayers? YES!
- Melissa Sweet has won the prestigious 2015 Golden Kite Award for Picture Book Illustration for The Right Word. The SCBWI announcement states that “words have never been so beautifully illustrated as in this descriptive visionary’s tale.”
- The Right Word was also named a 2015-2016 Georgia Children’s Picture Book Awards finalist.
Kirkus published a review of Just for Today by Saint John XXIII and Bimba Landmann. The review praises Landmann’s illustrations — “Landmann has made a near-magical series of images illustrating this prayer . . . Her surreal approach is ideal for the ethereal subject” — and concludes that there is “plenty of wisdom here for older children and adults of many faiths.”
- Another book by Landmann, In Search of the Little Prince, was reviewed by Foreword Reviews. With its “gorgeous, dreamlike illustrations and gentle prose,” writes reviewer Aimee Jodoin, “this heartfelt biography inspires stargazing and internal reflection.”
- The Texas Bluebonnet Award launched its award nominee pages this week. Here’s their page for The Right Word.
- Red by Jan De Kinder is currently featured on the Children’s Book Council “Hot Off the Press” page.
Have we missed any news, reviews, or other online miscellany dealing with EBYR books or authors from the last week? Please let us know in the comments. You can also post items on our Facebook page, mention us on Twitter (@ebyrbooks), or write to us directly: email@example.com.