Welcome back to EBYR All Over, a Friday roundup of all the EBYR-related news, reviews, interviews, and other interesting online content we can gather in a given week.
The Amazing Age of John Roy Lynch
Written by Chris Barton
Illustrated by Don Tate
News from Eerdmans & Elsewhere
- As noted above, The Amazing Age of John Roy Lynch celebrated its “book birthday” on April 1. Illustrator Don Tate made this fun cartoon to celebrate:
— Devas_T (Don Tate) (@Devas_T) April 1, 2015
- As part of the celebration, we released this book trailer, too (with celebrity narrator Chris Barton!):
- Travis Jonker reviewed Roger Is Reading a Book on the 100 Scope Notes blog, calling it “unique yet exceedingly inclusive” and “a delightful addition to your picture book collection.”
- Edgar Wants to Be Alone was featured by Booklist Reader in an article on “Off-the-Wall Humor Books for Preschoolers.” The book’s funny resolution, say the authors, “is one that will have young readers flipping back to the start to see what Edgar couldn’t all along. They’ll laugh even more the second time, and third time . . . Be ready for more giggles once everyone is in on the joke.”
- The Librarian’s Quest published a comprehensive review of The Amazing Age of John Roy Lynch, outlining the story and praising the book’s presentation of it. “There is a reason the word amazing appears in the title,” says the reviewer.
- The Amazing Age of John Roy Lynch was also featured as a “Hot Off the Press” book by the Children’s Book Council.
- Melissa Sweet, illustrator of The Right Word, thanked the Sibert Committee in the way only she can:
- The War within These Walls was selected for the Children’s Book Council Graphic Novel Showcase and also won a Storytelling World Honor.
- EBYR President Anita Eerdmans and Art Director & Associate Publisher Gayle Brown had a great week in Bologna last week. Of course, who wouldn’t have a great week in Bologna? Still, here’s photo proof from Publishers Weekly that business was conducted:
Have we missed any news, reviews, or other online miscellany dealing with EBYR books or authors from the last week? Please let us know in the comments. You can also post items on our Facebook page, mention us on Twitter (@ebyrbooks), or write to us directly: email@example.com.