Eerdmans at ALA 2015
Three members of the Eerdmans Books for Young Readers team — Anita Eerdmans (President/Publisher), Gayle Brown (Art Director/Associate Publisher), and Kathleen Merz (Managing Editor) — will be in San Francisco this weekend for the Annual Conference of the American Library Association.
If you’ll be there, too, read on to learn how you can connect with EBYR at ALA 2014.
EBYR at Booth #1109
Stop by Eerdmans Booth #1109 throughout the conference to visit with EBYR staff, browse all of our recently published titles, and enjoy sneak peeks at great new books coming in Fall 2015.
We will be giving away (while supplies last) posters, postcards, and bookmarks featuring stunning artwork from tons of great new and backlist titles, along with an assortment of discussion guides.
In addition: every book in the booth will be available to conference-goers steeply discounted at 40% off the list price.
Author signings at Booth #1109
Illustrator Melissa Sweet will be signing copies of The Right Word: Roget and His Thesaurus (winner of both the Sibert Medal and a Caldecott Honor) on Saturday, June 27, 10:00–11:00 a.m.
- Melissa Sweet will also be teaming up with Jen Bryant to sign copies of The Right Word on Sunday, June 28, 2:00–3:00 p.m.
Enter to Win!
When you stop by Eerdmans Booth #1109, you can enter your name in a drawing to win a complete set of titles published in 2015 by Eerdmans Books for Young Readers. This collection of sixteen books will include the following 2015 releases:
- The Amazing Age of John Roy Lynch, written by Chris Barton and illustrated by Don Tate
- Roger Is Reading a Book, by Koen Van Biesen
- Fur, Fins, and Feathers: Abraham Dee Bartlett and the Invention of the Modern Zoo, by Cassandre Maxwell
- Brother Giovanni’s Little Reward: How the Pretzel Was Born, written by Anna Egan Smucker and illustrated by Amanda Hall
- Little Big, by Jonathan Bentley
Click on the links above to learn more about any of our featured books.