The Blue Hour
Written & Illustrated by Isabelle Simler
Written by Ji-Yun Jang
Illustrated by Tan Jun
Leather Shoe Charlie
Written by Gyeong-Hwa Kim
Illustrated by Anna & Elena Balbusso
News from EBYR & Elsewhere
- The Blue Hour was reviewed in the Wall Street Journal by Meghan Cox Gurdon: “Each shade of blue seems prettier and more dramatic than the one before, giving emphasis to the color’s remarkable tonal varieties in a picture book that both dazzles and soothes.”
- The book was also reviewed on the Picks and Reads for Kids blog, where it’s described as “a wonderful lyrical celebration of nature’s beauty” and “a book that will urge children to love nature.”
- Julie Danielson highlighted Mrs. White Rabbit in a Kirkus post titled “When Chaos Reigns.” Danielson writes that Gilles Bachelet’s illustrations “are one of a kind and feature fluid lines, lots of drama, tons of detail, and many nods to Alice fans. When I say this is detailed artwork, I’m not kidding: There’s an unforgettable spread depicting ‘100 Ways to Cook Carrots.'”
- The Queen of the Frogs was featured in the Children’s Book Council “Hot Off the Press” collection for March. The book was also reviewed on the I Heart Literacy blog.
- Is It Big or Is It Little? was featured in a Noozhawk collection of “Refreshers for the Mind to Keep Your Child Book Sharp.” Lee Littlewood writes that the book “is an artsy wonder that introduces tots and preschoolers to differing points of view.”
- Lee Bennett Hopkins, the renowed children’s poet behind Manger and Mary’s Song and myriad other great books, will be inducted into the Florida Artists Hall of Fame. Read more in the Florida Department of State’s official release.
- The Bologna Children’s Book Fair announced on their Facebook page that EBYR is a finalist for Best Children’s Publisher of the Year in North America!