News from EBYR & Elsewhere
- For the second consecutive year EBYR has been nominated for Best Children’s Publisher of the Year by Bologna Children’s Book Fair. The fair runs from March 26th to March 29th in Bologna, Italy.
- When a Wolf is Hungry won a Batchelder Honor Award at the ALA Midwinter meetings. Have you seen the adorable trailer for the book?
- The trailer for Hidden City dropped last week, and Kirkus noted that the book “subtly informs as it delights.” Hidden City was also reviewed in Through the Looking Glass Children’s Books Reviews and Youth Services Book Review.
- Noting the book’s “dapper, clear line-style artwork” as well as the story’s moral tensions, Publishers Weekly reviewed The Fishing Lesson.
- Christian Library Journal reviewed Leather Shoe Charlie. “Embedded in Leather Shoe Charlie, mainly a story of the changes that mechanized production and the growth of factories ushered in, lies a treasure.”