Do you love picture books and children’s literature?
Do you often find yourself talking to people about books—even when you’re trying not to?
Can you meet deadlines and faithfully deliver creative and thoughtful content?
Well, if that sounds like you . . . then you’re the person we’ve been searching for!
Today we introduce the EBYR Reviewers: a group of people whose love for children’s books motivates them to help inform others about EBYR’s newest books.
Here’s what we’re looking for…reviews, reviews, reviews
As you may know, reviews are very important to publishers. And that’s what we want from group members! But . . . we’ve got some pretty specific expectations:
1. Post your review on Amazon within 30 days of receiving your review copy (and send us the link).
2. Post your review on one additional major retail/book website within 30 days of receiving your review copy (and send us the link).
3. Email the entire text of your review to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days receiving your review copy.
We want you to be honest and forthright in your reviews; your opinion of the book you review will not affect your status in the group.
Here’s what you get . . . a free book!
As an EBYR Reviewer, you get a spot in a pool of contributors. From this pool, we will select approximately 15 people to review each new book we publish.
A variety of circumstances can impact the number of reviewers selected from time to time. And for some books, we will not ask for reviews. It’s been a while since we’ve had a book like this.
If you are selected to review a book, we will mail you one free copy to you in return for your honest review. You’ll want to take a look at What we’re looking for (above) again, just to be sure you know what you’re getting into.
Here’s how it works . . . details, details, details
1. You sign up for the group. (and fill out all the things)
2. As new books become available, we’ll send out review requests.
3. When you receive a request, you’ll need to let us know if you want to review the book we’ve offered. Simply respond to that email with a “Yes” or ”No.” Your response will not affect your status in the group. We don’t want you to review books you’re not interested in. 🙂
4. While we never expect you to review a book you’re not interested in, we cannot accept requests to review specific books. This will help us spread the book-love among a diverse group of people.
5. Once you’ve confirmed your interest in a book offered to you, we’ll mail it out to you free of charge right away.
6. Because our goal is to let people know about our great books, we need to make sure reviews get posted within 30 days. How else will people see your great review?
So once you’ve posted your review to Amazon and one other major retail website—within 30 days of receiving the book—let us know at email@example.com.
Oh! Be sure to include your review in the email.
7. This is the sad part. 😦 We understand that sometimes life gets in the way. We’ve all been there. But we do expect reviews to be posted and habitual failure to post reviews may prevent you from being offered future review opportunities.
8. Ready to take the plunge and become an EBYR Reviewer? Sign up now…and bookmark this page! You’ll probably want to refer back to it at some point.
9. Reviewers must live in the United States.