Check out these reading apps for kids that will help them learn important skills and they also provide libraries of books for story time and other fun features.
A great subscription-based reading and learning platform—built on a collection of 40,000+ popular, high-quality books that safely fuels curiosity and reading confidence for kids 12 and under. Click here to learn more
Cost: Free for teachers and librarians. For others, only $4.99/month with the first month free and supports up to 4 individual child profiles per account.
- Parents or educators can personalize their daily reading.
- Can see what books your kid likes, time spent reading and many other features.
- Has access to endless books, videos and more to grow your children’s skills and feed curiosity.
- Free, easy access, in-class integration, class rosters, assignment tracking and more.
A great app for kids that allows you to enjoy unlimited access to kid-friendly books, videos, apps, premium kid’s skills and more across all of your compatible devices. Click here to learn more
Cost: Starts at $2.99/month after the free one-month trial.
Why Amazon Kids+:
- Parents can add content from your personal library, setting daily time limits, modifying web browser behavior, pausing the device, and more.
- Child Screen Time Limit
- Age filter that allows you to setup age-appropriate content for your child.
- Parents can block access to games and cartoons until after educational goals are met.
- You can create up to four individual child profiles and give each child selected access to videos, books, Audible content, and apps.
- Compatible across most Amazon devices, including iPhone, Android, Fire TV, and Kindle.
A digital media service offered by your local public library that allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, eBooks, comics and TV shows. Click here to learn more
You can stream titles through your desktop browser or our mobile app.
Cost: Free to participating public library users.
When a user borrows an item, libraries pay between $0.99 to $2.99 per title
- Has an extensive children’s audiobook section.
- You don’t have to wait for your library holds to come in
An interactive reading system that combines a curated selection of children’s books along with narrated audio and animated illustrations. helps kids learn from stories, get along with others, and develop kindness and values. Click here to learn more
Cost: $4.99/month after 30-day free trial. Teachers can receive their first year free by registering here.
A carefully selected interactive library of eBooks and real-world video explorations designed to engage young readers. Click here to learn more
Cost: One-month free trial.
Individual Skybrary subscriptions start at $4.99 per month or $39.99 annually
Available on the Web, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, and Android tablets.
- This app has interactive digital books for young readers. It also features real-world video field trips led by Levar.
- Interactive animations enhancing the reading experience.