Welcome back to EBYR All Over, a Friday roundup of all the EBYR-related news, reviews, interviews, and other interesting online content we can gather in a given week.
News from Eerdmans & Elsewhere
- Congratulations to Beth S., the winner of our #GetCaughtReading giveaway! Beth got caught reading and shared her photo, and now she’ll have plenty more great books to read.
- Cynthia Alaniz reviewed Roger Is Reading a Book on the Librarian in Cute Shoes blog. “This book,” she writes, “is the story of two opposing forces coming to an agreement — with a bit of ingenuity and someone taking a positive first step. . . . I have kept this one close by for awhile, as with every pick-up I see more.”
- A statue of Wojtek, the famous beer-guzzling, ammo-porting bear whose story was told in Soldier Bear, will be unveiled in November in Edinburgh, Scotland. Learn more about Wojtek in this Eerdlings guest post by Laura Watkinson, the award-winning translator of Soldier Bear.
- The Amazing Age of John Roy Lynch was highly recommended by the Mississippi Library Commission. “The illustrations by Don Tate perfectly sync with Chris Barton’s simple but enlightening text,” the review concludes. “The Amazing Age of John Roy Lynch is a great introduction to some hard subjects-slavery and Reconstruction-for upper elementary and middle school readers.”
- Animal Supermarket earned a positive review from the Rhapsody in Books blog, which called the book both cute and useful in teaching kids about animals, food, and healthy choices.
- Two Little Birds was nominated for a Florida Reading Association Children’s Book Award.
Have we missed any news, reviews, or other online miscellany dealing with EBYR books or authors from the last week? Please let us know in the comments. You can also post items on our Facebook page, mention us on Twitter (@ebyrbooks), or write to us directly: email@example.com.