EBYR All Over: April 21, 2017
Written by Edward van de Vendel
Illustrated by Philip Hopman
News from EBYR & Elsewhere
- A Dog Like Sam—the poignant prequel to Sam in Winter—was featured in a Horn Book review of books for animal lovers. The book “speaks the international language of dog-lovers while also quietly providing an unvarnished yet ultimately compassionate portrait of mental illness.”
- EBYR president and publisher Anita Eerdmans was quoted in a Publishers Weekly article about this year’s Bologna Book Fair.
- The Blue Hour was reviewed by Rhapsody in Books (“enchanting”) and Waking Brain Cells (“magical”).
Thank You God was recommended by the Christianity Today Women channel: “Reading this book with a child is more than simply reading—it is offering a verbal and visual prayer of deep thankfulness to God together.”
- Why am I Here? was reviewed by the Christian Library Journal. The book is “a short, contemplative read that will inevitably lead to valuable conversation and reflection for young and old to share in together.”
- Father’s Road was reviewed on the Kiss the Book blog.